Amal's blog

Monday 20 December 2010

Critical Commentary On Learning Module 3835

Since the beginning of my WBL programme, I I’ve been developing my practical skills through the modules materials that have great beneficial effects to my workplace.
Learning module 3835 was really important as key part for my work and my role as practitioner-researcher. The module equipped me with necessary skills to undertake work-based project to research for further developments.
 
The research constructed the project planning, designing and approaching using suitable research techniques. The outcome of this module prepared me in a very practical way to accomplish the fundamental elements of the programme and assist me to become more capable and productive at work through all the developments of my research skills. As a result of that, I became aware of the practical research requirements; such as approaches to conduct the research and collecting data, also the development issues when dealing with questions to be researched.
Documenting my learning diaries was extremely advantageous to my learning journey by tracking my knowledge and recording my progress in the module. The other advantage was to share and exchange thoughts and ideas via comments with others on the course.
The online network enabled me to share resources, experiences, problems and solutions. As a result, the improvement of the knowledge for participants in the network will lead to more developments and experience. I think that was a good communicating facility to support the practitioner researches.
 
At workplace, the experience developments come from practising the work itself with colleagues to solve everyday tasks problems, I think the experience itself can express the knowledge, which needed to be shared through the community of practice for more learning developments and innovations.
Through all my blog entries about this module, I’m really impressed on how my active experience has been developed to reach the final required objectives. I think my documented diaries organised my reflected knowledge into a practical steps; I went through proceeding the project proposal.
Donald Kolb’s learning styles and experiential theory was applied to my learning dairies. The cycle I went through to reflect my learning and experience started from:
  1. Planning the project proposal; determining the general area of my project and developing the research questions.
  2. The search experience to conduct the proposal, considering the ethical issues and defining the research approaches and tools to collect data.
  3. Reflecting on the experience by reviewing and analyzing the collected data.
  4. The conclusion of my learning from the search experience, which has been reflected and presented on the project proposal.

After all, there were huge progression noticed on my ability and confidence from the earlier part of the module. At the beginning, I thought that it would be hard to manage and conduct a work based research that require a lot of considerations and profession, but after stimulating my practical reflection upon the module research process and developing my knowledge and understanding to all research issues; it was worthwhile becoming research-minded and competent. Similarly, the research development experience professionalized my thoughts intellectually, which will result better competencies. As an evidence for this, the chosen project proposal topic was a bit concerning for me, but when the topic has been developed and proposed properly, it got accepted and approved by the supervisor at workplace. The approval gave me the belief to prove my ability and experience to deliver this project successfully till the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment