Amal's blog

Tuesday 21 December 2010

Rationale For My Award Title

 BA (HONS) Professional Practice (Graphics & Multimedia Design)
Graphics and Multimedia design is my real passion that I live within everyday as part of my daily life. I grew up in a Middle Eastern environment that was filled with rich historical, artistic background. My father was the main link who fed my passion since a very young age.
Since the day I followed up my hobbies, my passion grew up with me with more determination into observing creativity around me.
By being fascinated about animation, I got interested about the great people’s work that influenced me deeply to look closer to visual media with excitement.
I wasn’t really quite sure what was graphic design at that time; I thought it was computer-generated art, which goes along with drawing and painting. Short courses in computer graphics were the initials to experience CG.
At that time, I used to work part time for a small radio station as a web ads promoter. My job was focusing on designing ads for their website. The training that they have provided to me at the workplace increased my interest in web design.
My curiosity about computers, web and information age enabled me to gain my double award GCE applied ICT certification; accordingly it qualified me to apply for graphics and multimedia foundation degree course.
To begin with, the course gave me the fundamentals to graphics and multimedia design. It channeled my natural abilities to wider prospects by using technology to communicate ideas and giving me the start I need in a competitive industry.
For now, I’m working on a small design agency and my role at workplace is putting my creativity and problem solving skills together for daily tasks.
The BA WBL Professional Practise course allowed me to explore the professionalism of my major. It really helped me to realize how to practice my skills and develop them in a professionalised way.
Graphic and multimedia design can’t be separated; words and pictures work together in motion to inform, communicate or persuade. I think graphics design and multimedia can do what nothing else can do by visually communicating with the world at large.
Choosing this title for my award is preferably the right choice; it’s evoking a wide range of propositions to mind; for instance web design, interactive media, layout design, typography, illustration, printed media, audio, video and animation.
The title also include digital image manipulation, visual design (electronic imaging and production) and dealing with computer design applications.
The title also reflect my passion and my current job and I hope that I meet the demand for more experienced creative professionals, which is highly required in nowadays career business world.

No comments:

Post a Comment