Amal's blog

Thursday 2 December 2010

Learning Diary (1): Researcher as Professional

My research is relating to what we are currently doing at workplace. We are working on designing effective campaign for a client who runs a small advertising company based in London and US.

The director divided the work task between our team, so everyone has his own task to work on.  In addition, there’s a deadline to meet up with everyone & show the developed concepts, so we can discuss & choose the final idea.

I always have a passion of interest for animation & video production, and there were not very often chances taken in workplace to explore & develop my interest on it.
It will be more than pleasure for me to choose it as my research subject. There are many things I want to come across & dig up into animation & production.

Thinking about choosing this task in work will support me to feed my interest, experience and knowledge, as it will be beneficial to my workplace whenever we have an animation related tasks from clients in future.

So, I discussed that with the director & explained to him how important to develop the animator role at work to experience new techniques and improve efficiency.
Also, I told him how enthusiastic I am to base my project research on it. Luckily, my director agreed to that & gave me the permission to work on the animation video part.
Now, I can peruse my studies by starting to prepare & plan for my research project.


1 comment:

  1. Good work - when you do your planning - look at Handbook for some good suggestions - fit in this relationship in terms of meeting and business deadlines for external clients - you are doing this project for BAPPP in the real world so these aspects of the work are important to add to your planning and learning progression. Remember, learning comes from things that don't go to plan as well as things that are well prepared... put it all in to analyse for your BPP coursework.

    ReplyDelete