Amal's blog

Sunday 3 January 2010

Writing Styles: draft 3:

Four Seasons Paintings 






















Last summer, I planned with one of my best friend who is interested in arts to pay a visit to an artist exhibition held in Oxford Street.
That day was full of joy as it was warm as my friend’s heart. We had lunch at one of the Australian restaurants near to the exhibition place. As the time came, people started to crowd noticeably at the exhibition entrance, flyers got handed to visitors as drinks.
Once I got my feet into the front door, I smelled a vintage fragrance that can’t be reached to its end.  Somehow, I felt lost and my nose couldn’t get enough so I followed the scent. The smooth classical music that was played at the background added another great lighter atmosphere.
I rolled my eyes unconsciously to find out who was around me and then I felt completely lost. Subconsciously, I left my friend’s right hand that I was holding through my way to here and my feet ended up standing at the front of four-seasoned paintings that made me forget completely about everything around.
Even though the fragrance was still passing through, it felt like as if the person was just beside me. All myself was driven speechlessly towards the mood of the four paintings. 
My eyes didn’t wink for a minute, as if it was there a long filmstrip correlated with the paintings and flashed expeditiously at the front of my eyes.

They were painted expressively, the range of colors, which mixed either gradually or instantly engaged me more into them. The four paintings were combined by one concept, which was a view from an empty room’s window to a tree on the hill surrounded by many flowers.
Each piece I saw affected me in some sort of way, that made me feel stunned, calm, sad, happy and bright.
At that moment, the expression gave my impassioned heart the green light to echo deep inside, I felt I was only the one who was standing and staring with attraction there.
The first cloudless, clear and sunny view was enough to fill me with cheerful feelings. The colors were extremely bright, that made me think for a minute that the place was near the sun or heaven. My throat felt waterless and thirsty, I could tell that the weather seemed in a very high temperature. The tree tinted with lime green blooming color, the strong red roses looked like hot kisses that were spread around going to explode. The glowing window frame seemed that it has been glazed with golden color. In some way, the general feeling stated the pleasant feelings and gathered all the happy moments just in one smile that has been drawn in my face.

My face expression changed as soon as I moved to the next painting.
The dry yellowish falling leaves from the tree flowed with my birthday memories in October; it has been as an alarm of the end of many things in the year. The colors have been spectacular between the red, yellow, orange and brown and all the hues in-between.
The glowing orange sky that kept the green leaves fading made me feel that the days grew shorter, and the temperatures cooler.

Then, suddenly I felt cold, as soon as I focused my eyes on the third cloudy and dusky painting. The snap of wintry weather left the tree bare and looked so defenseless against the harsh wind, but there was still an amazing blaze of dark colors.
Morbidly, The dreary grass looked as if it was swaying, dancing lowly under the tree.
Momentarily, I winced as I imagined myself standing like the tree with the wind piercing into my face, the coldness seeping through every leakage in my layered clothing.
The large raindrops looked like sparkles on the window from inside view, as it was splattering against the glass. I just fantasized the howling through the thick window panels that would shield me from the outside horrible cold. I recalled the indescribable warm feelings whilst sitting behind the window by the heater, sipping hot tea.

The voice of my friend was loud enough to wake me up from my state of amazement. As my body was responding to her call, I turned my head to the last vibrant painting. The green leaves looked fresh and started to grow, the tree had fructified and flowers began to sprout. It just reminded me of how the birds used to whistle in their silvery voices. The artwork was blended with kaleidoscope of colors.

The more I walked towards my friend, the more that aromatic fragrant increased. It reminded me of the last painting I just saw.  I was astonished that the smell was smoothly drifting from the man who was waving his hand at me and standing next to my friend. He was the artist who exhibited today and painted the 4 masterpieces. We gratified his deep passion of creativity in a positive manner and took a photograph with him. It was an unforgettable day.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting piece of work,
    still surprise your awake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Akin..and I'm still waiting for ur critiques :)
    don't you think it's a bit longer than it expected to be? it's about 800 words !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! The writing style is clearly descriptive. While I was reading, I really felt as if I was standing right in front of the paintings in the exhibition place.
    The way you explained the details made me see the paintings in front of my inner eye. I even felt your explained feelings. Each season had its own emotions, what I really liked.
    Although the text has more than 800 words, it is good to read. I was so into the text that I did not even notice that it is longer than it is supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Nathalia for you feedback..
    I'm still unsure about the length of it :P
    BTW ..I looked at your blog earlier to comment on your work, but it seemed you didn't post Task E yet ..
    good luck with task E & D :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you are right... I was so busy at work the last months that I had no time to post them... :( But I will post them in the next days...
    I also wish you luck with the tasks! =D

    ReplyDelete