Amal's blog

Sunday 19 December 2010

Ethical Issues Relating To Project Proposal

As a worker-researcher I must constantly be aware of the ethical issues and values we hold and be conscious of how they might affect my research project. One of the ethical issues that I need to consider for my research project is accessing to the client data.  Therefore, I must be attentive of ethical and data protection issues.
The work Ethics guidelines require working towards protecting the clients’ data against any form of misuse of data or malpractice (regards to the processing and sharing of personal information).
The importance of the role of ethics and data protection is to ensure that I comply with the regulations set out by the Data Protection Act 1998, and that certain sources of information that I collect is during work time. Storing, transporting, processing and handling clients’ information is the workplace responsibility, and steps should be taken to ensure that this is done with confidentiality and efficiency.
The proposed project has been approved and I received an e-mail notification from the supervisor directing me to log on to the company shared server database. That gave me the permission to access the database to the current published version of client business proposal during work time. So that I can review the client current updated configuration and check the new added details to the business proposal.
It is important that those participating in the research questionnaire and interviews understand its targets and objectives and that informed consent is declared. The research tools collected anonymous data that cannot be linked back to individuals. All collected information that is revealed in the context of a professional or research must be held, stored or handled in anonymous form and should be confidential.
All work that will be used in the project product (video animation), musical compositions, sound effects, video, text, photographs, etc will need to have permission or license from the owners to collect.
I need to be aware of the factors that are the result of poor working practice under Computer health & safety regulations. 
These regulations are applied when I’m working at home or workplace and using a VDU (Visual Display Unit) for a long period of time.  Also, I need to make sure my work environment is safe to assess and reduce any risks of VDU workstations to meet safety requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment