Amal's blog

Monday 4 January 2010

My Teachers

It has paid considerable attention to teachers for their being the first brick in the structure of social development and perfection and the cause of guiding and developing behaviors and mentalities of individuals and communities.
Teachers are the good exemplars to whom the pupils refer inadvertently. Because they teach not only the lessons, but also make a profound difference in the lives of students and are the single most important school-related influence on student achievement.
I've had more than one great teacher in my life that I’m really influenced from through all my educational life. I appreciated the ones who were serious and passionate about their subjects.
Greg Haynes and Geoff Cruickshank were my favorite teachers who work in design genres and taught me Graphics & Multimedia Design at Barnet College. 
The influence of the profession quality they instilled was immeasurable in the last two years. They were dedicated, motivated, patient, thoughtful, disciplined and vibrant to their noble career. Above all, they have a passion to have positive impact on young people’s lives by assisting them to be better in the future.
I don’t really know who taught or influenced them, but I think they were great enough to have an impact on their lives to be there in mine.
They really made such a tremendous impact in my life by encouraging me with their guidance to improve and develop my skills in my own way to meet the standards of today’s professional designer.

Also, by representing all design aspects and strategies, the manual (hand-operated) and digital processes that used for production in the design industries.  That involves with typography, interface & interactive design, multimedia development, web promotion, image manipulation & exploration, design application and industrial practice. It really helped me to shape the path that I want to achieve in my future.
Multimedia design is one of the hottest businesses nowadays. As an experienced freelancer multimedia designer, I think my job is in a great demand in the market, such as web design and development, 3D modeling, 2D animation, filming, postproduction, illustration as well as audio production.
Throughout demonstrating professional techniques, I’ve learned production procedures for multimedia development, including traditional video, streaming, editing and recording, flash interactivity and database-driven web multimedia. Along with storyboarding to nonlinear editing; to plan and manage collaborative multimedia projects; to master software genres commonly used for multimedia training program in education and industry.

During focus on the fundamentals of developing digital multimedia using a range of software, hardware, and electronic equipments such as video cameras, I’ve learned to apply these into my own practical experience in my projects.

One of the things that I’ve learned was to keep my work safe by arranging a regular system backup to another local disk. Losing important data or files were rarely happen after we have been introduced using backup utilities to keep important data secure from any system failure or ad-ware and unexpected errors.
Moreover, I made full use of the adjustment facilities for my VDU and work environment to get the best from them and avoid potential health problems.

Health and safety acts were covered these things during lessons. I carried on this habit to my workstation at home or in the workplace. For example; I adjusted my keyboard and screen to get a good keying and viewing position and used the space in front of the keyboard in sometimes helpful for resting the hands and wrists while not keying.

A simple specification personal PC was used to work on at home with Microsoft Windows 2000 operating system. Big tasks couldn’t be done easily, so my teacher recommended buying Mac based system, which is the most advanced and powerful operating system. Its got organization, editing and output options all neatly wrapped up in one package. It really helped me get acquainted with a digital workflow and achieved many client’s briefs at home. On the other hand, the teacher showed us many types of equipment that will help us perform other tasks professionally. That included A3 printer, a graphic tablet and some other tools like light box, stencils, sketchbooks, tracing papers, paints, markers, scalpel and cutting matt.
Exhibitions, museums, art related festivals and the school or Art events, out-of-hours classes or even workshops were part of our education as they were always in our student schedules.  These open opportunities helped me articulate my self-expression and expand my experience. As well as giving attention to many different concepts, habits, tools, and skills that lead to more reflective practice.








“Under Construction” was our theme for the last year exhibition that held at Free Range, at the Old Truman Brewery, which is the Europe's largest graduate art and design show. It was to showcase the work to both public and potential employers alike, giving us the best opportunity to promote our work to many design companies.
As a professional practitioner, it supported me to improve my individual and group working style and use this information to be productive in work.

Professional prejudice continues to need exposure, discussion, and reflection in order to get these issues out in the open so they can be addressed. Greater understanding and tolerance might be the result. If a company won’t consider my experience and qualifications without any given reasons, then I think they don’t deserve me as an employee. As a professional, knowledge about the individuals and their experiences is much better than manifest in ethnic, racial gender, age, disability, political and religious beliefs. Besides that, I think everyone has the right to work and be a helpful part in the country. 

The advantages that I have gained in the last two years in general were so useful to me to learn many things about multimedia design and became more advanced in using design application and tools that led me directly to professional world.

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly what I really want to find out. And the post about images when to use in website really giving me the great ideas.

    Website Development Company

    ReplyDelete