Amal's blog

Monday 2 November 2009

+ Things of Interest+

1. Painting / Digital Art :

I owe my interest in art to my father. From an early age I have always watched him working in his art studio at home after getting back from work; quietly holding an easel with his oil paints & draw happily. He sometimes painted decorative designs on doors or other pieces of furniture, and frequently created wooden pieces or small toys for us. Sometimes, he created edible works of art in the kitchen.
My earliest memory of this is doodling on papers and cutting up magazines to make new images & stick it somewhere in my house. I can remember spending most of my childhood just drawing and being inspired by my father to make and design anything.
This influenced love of art has steered me toward painting themes in my free time that reminds me of pleasant things and places, but sometimes my paintings explore illusion or personal moods.
This love of Art has stayed with me, but for some reason, I stopped using the traditional mediums. Actually, I ran out of hand practice & concentrated more in some other digital interests.
My present interest in art has became more into digital; graphic/typography based, although I do enjoy all areas of art.
Not all the graphical work I do is computer based, sometimes I used my sketches, as I find it more satisfying working on a larger scale and producing something more "real".
My Last course in Graphics & multimedia has helped me "branch out" more; I have experimented in many disciplines successfully, which I had never really developed fully before.

Samples of my paintings:
 
















Sample of my father’s work:



















Links of interest (Digital Painting):

Time Lapse Digital Painting from Jet Boy on Vimeo.
http://www.deviantart.com/


 2. Photography: 

I grew up holding cameras and shooting photos. My father was a photographer in the family so photography was a very common skill.
I began using a small format camera when I was about ten years old.  Later, my father gave me his old reflex camera. Starting from that moment, my camera was always with me to shoot pictures for my friends & places I visit.
Time passed and I grew up, now I use photography as a way to remember my life as I live it.

I think photography is one of the best ways to capture a memory and document the nice moments of my life.

It’s wonderful to keep something that could remind you of your past, your beloved ones, treasured memories of events, daily life & what your life is like each year.

The mind has so much to deal with that it can’t possibly remember everything. This makes it imperative that I capture those memories & details of my life.

My passion to photography led me to learn new techniques for editing images, manipulating & creating picture-by-picture animation.  Actually, it’s amazing how click of button can set up your imagination within a photo.
Links of interest:
 
http://www.silverlight.co.uk/tutorials/toc.html
Sample of my work in photography:






No comments:

Post a Comment