Amal's blog

Thursday 8 October 2009

People I admire: 1x ---> Pierre Omidyar ( E-Bay founder )


My first HTML page was created at the age of 13 in after-school IT club that drove me into interest in web development.

More Exploration had held an important reflection in my life, which had an impact of me knowing more about those who made difference in the world.



Pierre Omidyar is one of the outstanding names I admire who changed e-commerce. He had a key point of life that opened the doors to harness the power of markets and create opportunity to improve the lives of many people.


His earlier life was an example of constancy, purposefulness and independence of learning his interest in web programming.  Similarly, I was self- disciplined to learn and independent to seek information & look for my own resources.

This thirst to his own desire was faced against obstacles later in his full time job in Apple after his graduation. Personal online trading community was his first experiment & he put a lot of effort & time with passion to make his dream succeed.

Even though I faced many obstacles to overcome, it didn't stop me from launching my first website online three years ago.  
Whenever I think about it, it always made me determined to push myself further in my dreams with a lot of passion and time, no matter what or how difficult it is to achieve noticeable progress.



"You should pursue your passion. If you’re passionate about something and you work hard, then I think you will be successful. “ 
Pierre Omidyar , (for reference see below)*






Putting a meaningful passion in work that has been reflected in his success at the end was such motivated reason to focus on our efforts
As a practitioner, I think it's required to choose the work that has a true expression of who we are and what's important to us to lead our work with this awareness and understanding.


Bibliography:
  • * Matthew Toren, Adam Toren, Pursue Your Passion – Pierre Omidyar (founder of eBay), young entrepreneur , 29 April 2008 , the URL link
  •  Cohen, Adam (2002), The Perfect Store: Inside eBay, Back Bay Books, ISBN 978-0316164931
  • Viegas, Jennifer (2006), Pierre Omidyar: The Founder of eBay, Rosen Publishing Group, ISBN 978-1404207158

1 comment:

  1. Good start Amal. You have some good strong commentary - I will spend a bit more time reading this and hope others will also make comments.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete